It might technically be spring, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t likely still have some bad weather in the forecast. Not only does bad weather make it difficult to enjoy your favorite hobbies and outdoor activities, it also contributes to greater hazards on the road. To keep yourself safe when you’re driving and avoid the need for towing in Nampa, ID this season and throughout the year, it’s important to follow some safe driving tips:
- Inspect your car before you drive: Before you leave on your trip, you should take time to inspect your tires, brakes and other major systems to ensure that they’re ready for the road. Make sure that your tires are inflated to the right level and that they have plenty of tread, and check your brakes for excessive wear and tear.
- Watch your speed: When roads are slick or icy, it’s essential that you adjust your speed accordingly. It’s more difficult to maneuver your car and apply the brakes when conditions on the road are bad, so slowing down will help you maintain more control and keep you safe. You should be especially mindful of your speed when you’re making turns or driving on winding roads.
- Drive defensively: Give yourself plenty of space when you’re driving in unfavorable weather conditions. Make sure that you are far enough behind the car in front of you that you can brake safely and avoid a collision in the event of a sudden slowdown.
- Eliminate distractions: Driving safely in bad weather conditions requires a lot of focus and attention, so you should minimize distractions as much as possible. Make sure that your cell phone is put safely away and out of reach when you’re driving, and avoid spending time adjusting your radio settings or stations.
- Keep your lights on: When the weather is rainy or foggy, you should make sure that your lights are on, even if it’s the middle of the day. Keeping your lights on will maximize your visibility on the road and make it easier for other drivers to identify your car so that everyone can stay safer.
- When in doubt, pull over: If road conditions are so bad that you feel like you can’t get to your destination safely, you should pull over. If your vehicle begins to show signs of engine failure or other problems, it’s important to contact a company for towing services in Nampa, ID. They will be able to bring your vehicle into a shop to get it repaired and back on the road.
Call for towing in Nampa, ID
If you run into some rough weather or experience vehicle problems on the road this spring, make sure that you reach out to the team at AATCO Transmissions and Towing for help. Since 1968, our experts have been proud to serve customers with comprehensive auto repair, maintenance and towing services in Nampa, ID. Regardless of whether you’re looking for help with preventative maintenance and tune-ups or you need major engine and transmission repair, our team is here to help you. Give us a call today for a service quote and appointment, or to request emergency towing services!
Categorised in: Towing