Is your car ready for that long summer road trip? The sun’s rays along with heat, dust and traffic will all take their toll on your car. Without proper maintenance now, you increase the likelihood that your car will break down at the worst possible time.
Luckily, you can take steps to make sure your car is in the best shape possible by consulting an expert in auto repair in Nampa, ID. Here are some leading tips to ensure that you’re ready to hit the road when the temperatures begin to rise:
- Oil changes: All year long, getting regular oil changes is the number one way to maintain your vehicle. That’s because your car’s engine needs lubrication to function properly. Also, during summer, the chances of the engine overheating are exponentially higher if you fail to have the oil changed on a regular basis. Changing the oil, lube and filter will keep the engine free of debris and gunk, meaning that the engine will function at its highest level.
- Cooling systems: Once every 24 months, it’s a good idea to have the cooling system checked, examining the level and concentration of coolant. This is another step to take for preventing overheating. A 50-50 mix of antifreeze and water is the ideal blend, if you’re doing it yourself. Always remember to never remove the radiator cap before the engine is cool.
- Air conditioner: No one wants to get caught on a blazing hot day with no air conditioning. Have a professional check out the system to make sure that cabin air filters are working properly. Your owner’s manual will also have information about how often the system should be checked and when parts should be replaced. If the AC isn’t in tip-top shape, you can bet that it’ll fail when put to the test.
- Windshield wipers: A small but important detail is to check the windshield wipers’ condition. The last thing you want is to be stuck in the middle of a summer thunderstorm without functioning windshield wipers. Replace those worn blades and check out the wiper fluid levels.
- Tires: Rotating your tires every 5,000 miles is a good practice. You also want to check the tire pressure on a monthly basis, especially before beginning a long journey. Make sure your spare tire is good to go, along with the jack.
Before you head out on that long-awaited summer vacation, bring in your car for auto repair in Nampa, ID. AATCO Transmissions and Towing has been serving the community for more than five decades. Our goal is to deliver outstanding service to each and every one of our customers, exceeding their expectations every time. We offer 24-7 emergency assistance so you’ll never be left stranded.
At AATCO Transmissions and Towing, we aim to be your go-to source for all your automotive needs. We always aim to earn your trust by giving you the confidence you deserve from your mechanic. Give us a call or stop by our shop today to learn how we’re different from the competition!
Categorised in: Auto Repair