Your transmission is one of the most important systems in your vehicle, and it is also one of the most commonly problematic. To keep your transmission running smoothly and to avoid the complications associated with major transmission issues, it’s important to keep an eye on this system for signs and symptoms of damage and general wear and tear. Read on for several key indicators that you can look out for to help you determine when you need transmission service in Nampa, ID:
- Abrupt shifting: When your transmission is working the way it’s supposed to, shifts between gears should be smooth and hardly noticeable. When your transmission is damaged, it might lead to much more abrupt shifting. You might notice that your vehicle makes a lot of noise when it’s shifting to a different gear, or that your vehicle isn’t reaching higher speeds as quickly as you’d expect.
- Leaky fluid: Another sign that you need transmission repair in Nampa, ID is fluid leaking. Transmission leaks might show up underneath your car when you park, and the fluid is typically bright red in color. You shouldn’t simply refill your transmission fluid when you develop a leak, since this won’t address the root cause of the problem. Instead, bring your car to a mechanic to determine the source of the leak and have it repaired.
- Slipping: If your car’s transmission slips from one gear to another very suddenly and for no apparent reason, there’s likely something wrong with your transmission. This issue often generates a high-pitched whining noise that indicates a transmission that isn’t performing the way it should. Pay attention to signs of slipping so you know whether transmission repair may be necessary.
- Delays: If there is a delay when you shift gears or when you shift from park into drive, it indicates damage to your transmission. You might feel the engine rev when you give it gas, but if the car isn’t moving the way that it should, it’s a clear sign of a transmission problem.
- Check engine light: Your check engine light can indicate a wide variety of things, and it’s important to keep an eye on this indicator if you’re noticing other potential signs of transmission troubles. If your check engine light comes on and you’re noticing slipping, fluid leaks, delays or abrupt shifting, you should bring your car in to a technician who specializes in transmission service in Nampa, ID right away.
Schedule transmission service in Nampa, ID
If you have noticed any of the signs of transmission damage, reach out to AATCO Transmissions and Towing. Since 1968, our team has been proud to provide comprehensive automotive services to our customers. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, our team has the experience and tools necessary to assist you with all of your automotive repair needs. Whether you need basic maintenance for your vehicle or you have a more serious issue with your engine, our team is here to help you. Give us a call today to find out more about everything we have to offer, or just stop by for service!
Categorised in: Transmission